University Library Graduate Assistant
The UW-Stout University Library seeks a motivated graduate student to work on various library projects. Assistantship is for both Fall and Spring semesters 2018-2019.
Hours are flexible 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday, 10 hours/week, $16.67/hour.
Serve on library public relations committee; design and compose monthly library newsletters; develop library public relations products including displays, exhibits, posters, blog articles, and social media postings; collaborate on design of instructional materials for information literacy. Other duties as assigned.
- · Ability to work with minimal supervision
- · Project management skills and/or experience
- · Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- · Self-motivated, and willingness to learn new technology or programs
- · Strong communication skills (written and spoken)
- · Ability to work with a variety of project supervisors, library staff, and the Stout Community
- · Basic software experience (Microsoft Office) required
- · Attend monthly library Public Relations meetings to brainstorm ideas and provide development feedback
- · Follow UW-Stout identity/marketing guidelines
- · Advanced software experience desirable (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite; Microsoft Publisher)
- · Graphic design experience highly desirable
- · Web 2.0 technology experience preferred
- · Photography, video, and/or audio experience desirable
Previous experience working in libraries not required.
Reports to Public Relations Librarian
Send letter of Application/Resume to Susan Lindahl,