The UW-Stout University Library seeks a motivated graduate student to work on various library projects. Assistantship is for both Fall and Spring semesters 2015-2016. Hours are flexible 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday, 10 hours/week. Compensation: $16.35/hour
Creating library displays and exhibits; developing library public relations products; designing library instructional materials; designing and composing library newsletters. Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently.
- Project management skills and/or experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken).
- Ability to work with a variety of project supervisors, library staff, and the Stout Community.
- Basic software experience (Microsoft Office) required.
- Attend monthly library Public Relations meetings to brainstorm ideas and provide development feedback.
- Follow UW-Stout identity/marketing guidelines.
- Advanced software experience desirable (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite; Microsoft Publisher.)
- Graphic design experience highly desirable.
- Web 2.0 technology experience preferred.
- Photography, video, and/or audio experience desirable.
Previous experience working in libraries not required.
Reports to Librarian: Kate Kramschuster
Send letter of application/resume to Kate Kramschuster, email@example.com